Thread: Overall opinion
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

I think you really need to test drive extensively and compare all cars in your test range. Make sure YOU are comfortable with whatever car you pick because no matter how any of us feel about the Ion, if you pick one it is going to be your car, so it has to please you.

If finances are a concern and your SC is still in good shape I would hold off on a new car and really save the money for the car payments, so later on you can treat yourself or buy a newer car with less money down.

Don't be one of these people here who complain about the seat, sound of the engine, feel of the steering, center IP, or interior or any of the things you should have known within a test drive or after 30 days. I can't stand it when someone has these types of complaints and then buys the Ion.

I owned my SL2 for 11+ years and was very biased for Saturn. I really loved the polymer and how it held up, dealer service, the company, etc., so even with the harsh reviews of the Ion I test drove it and decided it was the best bang for my buck for a new econobox car and picked one up.

I'm satisfied. The only change I would have made is perhaps saving the cash for the past 1.5 years and saving for another year to put down on a 2005 Red Line Ion if it had a LSD and other improvements.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!