View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #28
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Tail lights not working

^That's exactly right. My tail light lens assemblies were replaced under the recall referred to above and I've had no problems with bulbs burning out prematurely. What I did discover early on was that the factory installed bulbs were themselves of a poor quality. After replacing all of the rear tail light bulbs and the center high mount bulbs - over the course of a few years - I found that the replacement bulbs were not burning out so rapidly. It was quite the opposite, the bulbs were lasting several years before needing replacement.

I get the impression, fdorbinjr, that the vehicle you're dealing with may not have been in your possession when the recall repairs were taking place at the Saturn dealerships. Is this correct?

BTW, it might be worth your while to contact GM.com and find out if there are any outstanding recalls on your car. You can do this quickly online via a chat session (check for hours of operation). Have the VIN with you when you do this as the agent will ask for it.

276,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote