View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 97 Saturn starts but won't turn over

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmasterfox View Post
.....As far as I know the ECTS is the original and I did read the threads about changing it and brought it up to my dad and he kind of brushed it off like it wouldn't be an issue with the starting. As his daughter, maybe he didn't trust me but I will bring it up again. ....
Tell your dad this story (you can verify it if you want to spend endless time searching the thread) about a woman asking for help here - the problem was her car couldn't pass NJ state inspection due to the engine not passing its own emissions self tests with a 'not ready' indication on a reader. The only part she needed was a new coolant sensor but her brother-in-law ignored our advice and insisted 'he' knew better as a mechanic and told her to drive several hundred miles until the car's emission self tests went 'ready'. Weeks went by and ignorance continued without passing state emissions inspection as we strongly suggested to her to print out replies from Saturnfans. She finally convinced her (idiot) bil to replace the one part and voila!, car went 'ready' and passed state inspection within days of just replacing this part - the coolant sensor. Below are two pictures, the faulty one and the correct replacement. It takes less than a minute to remove and examine.................to remove all doubt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plastic cts.jpg (41.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg brass cts.jpg (33.6 KB, 5 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote