View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura about

1997 SC2
Default Re: It Could Be Time to Buy a Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Its thinking like that, that makes finding good deals easy for people like me. The manufactuer isnt defunct. Its still around and probably will be for a long time.

Saturns are copies of current GM models. I just bought an Aura. Its a twin of the Malibu, G6 and CTS. Plenty of dealer support and parts to be found. But people who dont know any better think its an orphan car. And I got a great deal because of it.
Enjoy your "good deal." Getting parts is only one part of the equation. The poor resale value is going to be a lifelong issue (which isn't a problem if you're going to keep it until the second coming). The forums are already peppered with owners who are getting the runaround from GM dealers about servicing their Saturn. That might get better when Saturn is officially dead for good....or it might not. I don't think I'd be willing to take that risk myself.

Ho ho ho!

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. -Frank Herbert-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote