View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 01:20 AM   #19
rochvids
rochvids is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Aura won't crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaddicted2u View Post
I'm not talking about the battery ground wiring. The ground problem I had was on a lug attached to the engine. It has 6 wires attached to it. Only 2 of them had broken on mine. The grounds on that lug are for the ECM, the MAF, the IMT, TCM and 2 are for the Park/Neutral switch, 1 is for the ECM and one is for the TCM sides of the switch.
If you use the jumper method to turn it over, you will at least prove the relay and starter are good and the battery can turn the car over. That narrows it down to the relay start signal missing from the ECM. Reasons for that can include the ignition switch, the park/neutral switch, the Pass-key immobilizer system, among others I'm sure.

The starter fired up when I did the jumping method. The ignition switch fuse is good. I tested the fuses and relays, everything tested Ok. I'm just trying to figure out why the ignition wire going to the starter solenoid receives no power when I turn they key to the run position. Could it be the ignition switch?

What if I run a wire directly from the battery with an inline fuse and on/off switch to the solenoid and bypass the ignition switch? kind of a push start button and turn it on with the key turned to the on position?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rochvids's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rochvids reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rochvids is offline   Reply With Quote