View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #23
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 Quill Seal Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccoskun View Post
HEllo All:

I would like to thank you all for all of your support. It would take much longer without your help.

Here is some updates about my clutch replacement.

Yesterday, I put everything together and today I have tested the car to return my rental parts.

During my repair, I changed the Quill seal, output shaft seals, and ball joints. I dont feel good about my left ball joint. Its shaft might be slightly thinner than it is supposed to be. I have tighten the castle nut way lower then the cotter pin hole.

Good thing: I have only one nut left, other wise everything is installed and running.

So far so good except sometimes I have difficulty putting it in the first gear. I hope it will go away. I can feel the difference between my old clutch and new one. I need to adjust to the new one as it engages very low, like last 1 inch or so.

Another observation is, it start to pull right heavily.

And I mixed green antifreeze and dex cool. I''m thinking if I should flush it sometime to put dex cool now.

Again, thank you all.
Ulas
The first gear syncros are the first ones to wear and stop doing their job properly. This is likely what your problem is.

The antifreeze...

Flush the system with water a few times, no antifreeze and then refill with a coolant. A mix of dex and green is not a good thing.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote