View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: 2002 Saturn SL1 Quill Seal Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccoskun View Post
Thank you for this input.

Actually I was planning to use a torch to heat up the case for a quick expansion but it looks like heat gun is a better option.

Should I replace the roll pin also? Everybody suggest to do it.

I will update it in 3 weeks.
Ulas

Yes, use the double roll pin that fits the stock hole unless you want to drive like a maniac. Double pinning is over kill and requires a good drill press as a minimum to get it done or a machine shop. Info for standard size should be in the hunt4steve thread or I can look it up for you.

There is no standard size of pipe that will work to pull that assembly out. Exhaust tubing is all that works. There is minimal surface to support the tube and it must just barely clear the flange on the bearing assembly. Loctite 620 has incredible hold on that bearing assembly and heat will tend to release that hold. Plan on heating the aluminum up to 180F or so so heat a large area so as to not stress crack it.

I have changed several of these and a torch is not what you want to use. A good quality heat gun does the job easily.

Last edited by OldNuc; 09-05-2017 at 12:43 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote