View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #16
Penrod
Penrod has a spectacular aura aboutPenrod has a spectacular aura about

2009 Outlook XE
Default Re: Vehicle won't get up to speed. No codes.

Certainly. First it's an 09 Saturn Outlook XE 3.6 engine and is at 91,400 right now. My vehicle wouldn't get up to speed, meaning when I pressed the gas the RPMs wouldn't go above approx 2k and the car itself wouldn't go above about 25 mph. I checked my O2 sensors for bank 1 for any fluctuation to test my catalytic converter and it checked it bad. I replaced the bank 1 (closest to firewall) catcon and was still having issues. After taking satlite's advice I checked the catcon down the exhaust pipe for debris. I dumped out the catcon and it had all the broken pieces from the other catcon. I also back flushed it with water to get anything else embedded in it out and reinstalled everything. Car works like a champ again.

Any other question feel free to ask. This site is perfect for advice and help on any Saturn issues you are having. I hope this helps someone else down the road.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Penrod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Penrod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Penrod is offline   Reply With Quote