View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
caveeagle
caveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of light

2005 VUE 2.2L
2001 SC2
Default Re: How can I tell if the inner tie rods are bad?

I was also wondering what the exact min/max play spec was on the inner/outer tie rods. I have been getting the lifetime alignments from Firestone and last time we brought in our '02 SL1 they claimed they could not align it unless we replaced all the innner/outer tie rods. When I asked them how they knew they were bad, they just told me there was "too much" play, and were unable to quote exactly how much "play" was acceptable.

The car seems to handle ok for the most part and had ~130k miles on the original suspension. So Its not completely unrealistic that they might need replacing, I just suspect its their way of 'upselling' me on the service.

Mark
'05 Vue, '02SL1, '01SC2a, '01SC2b, '99SL1 :::::> '04 SVT Cobra, '67 Mustang Vert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to caveeagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help caveeagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
caveeagle is offline   Reply With Quote