Old 08-19-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
Ritz
Master Member
Ritz has a spectacular aura aboutRitz has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Superchip For A Sky Yet ?? Dose Eany One Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonchick20
dose eany one know if you can get a superchip for the saturn sky?? . im doing good to get the sky . im not pushing my luck wateing on a R/L. cause with my luck i wont get one at all .. also if eany one knows if the air intake makes a diffrants in the car .. how much faster dose it make the car .. if it dose make a diffrants should i get the one off the dealer or get a air intake some other place . my car should arrive in about 14day .. its red with black leatherin side .. its going to be flippin sweet i hope
im going crazy wateing on it.. ok thats all i wanted to know thanks ..
Neither an intake or a chip is likely to have any appreciable affect on a normally aspirated engine like the one in the non-redline Sky. In the Redline, a chip could easily net you another 50-ish hp since you could conceivably goose up the boost a bit. For reference, on my twin-turbo 2.7L A6, I was able to increase output from 250 hp / 275 ft/lbs of torque to nearly 320 hp and 390 ft/lbs with a simple "chip" swap.

Cheers,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ritz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ritz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote