View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #15
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2004 L-300 headlight upgrade?

Thanks for the detailed info. I'm aware of the reverse beam pattern hence the cutoff on the bottom of the light housing to restrict light output to the upper beam pattern, the distinct horizontal line when shining low beams onto a wall reflects this. And you're correct, I don't need modify mine as you did for city use. Too bad our projectors aren't dual use type, switchable to lower the cutoff for suburban driving. I can appreciate brighter light thrown down farther.

Being a city dweller, I've seen morons with their light mods blinding opposing traffic in local streets, presuming they picked great mods. Unfortunately, the rest of us facing these morons suffer until they're stopped by leos for blinding drivers. For whatever reason, drivers learned the hard way that hids don't work at all in reflector light housings and have gone away. Thankfully, these light mods have mostly disappeared with an occasional idiot still using them for better lighting, still oblivious to how glare offends opposing traffic. Being conservative, I chose 35 watt hids and they're fine for local traffic. They're better on roads without street lights. If mine wear out, I might go for the 55 watt lamps. That is if the original headlight housings aren't worn down from several lens refinishing procedures........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote