View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
David R
Advanced Member
David R is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
1997 SW2
Default Another Flexpipe

Thought I'd try here as nothing has come up in Astra General.

Flexpipe on my car decided to crack. This must be like the fourth flexpipe on this car, so I'm running into a problem in front of the flexpipe. With each cutout and weld the forward section has gotten shorter. Its now well up the bend toward the flange that is on the output end of the Cat.

I've searched all over for a replacement flange and pipe section. All I can find are performance exhaust systems from Europe. I can get close on some stubby sections for like a Chevy Cobalt, but I can't tell if the dimensions of the flange or pipe might match or not.

I searched these forums, lots of flexpipe options, with or without bushings, but no flange.

I've ordered a replacement gasket for the flange. I'm hoping that if have that in hand and go to my local parts stores some kind of a mash-up can be rigged.

I did find a website in Canada that has the flange, flex pipe, and second cat as one piece. Their lowest price isn't bad. I'm suspicious as it doesn't say anything about stainless steel and they're claiming 50% off. They're math is wrong and depending on how I search I get different prices for the same SKU number.

Any body else have any some ideas?

~I'm not an authority on anything~

2009 Astra XE 5sp 200K km
2000 Honda Civic SI 5sp 172K km, AKA EX Coupe - Gone
1997 SW2 DOHC Auto 330K km - Stored for winter, used in summer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David R is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links