View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2006 Saturn Vue Blower Motor Totally Inop

Quote:
Originally Posted by slacke View Post
This is giving me fits. Blower motor inoperative. I test the motor with 12 volts and it runs fine. Blower fuse has power both sides. HVAC relay is working. Control switch is operating normal as far as I can tell. (When you switch it to off it cuts off the A-C compressor.) Could it be the resistor? Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Slacke.
See post # 4 of following thread for wiring diagram (its good for 2006):

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144044

The blower bypasses all resistors when you select position 4.

Most likely cause of not operating at any speed is a overheated (and now open) connection in the 40 amp blower +12 feed line.

See the diagram - many have found overheated/corroded connections in the C200 connector which is behind the close-out panel next to drivers left foot when seated (panel behind hood release).

The panel is part of the carpet / door sill retainer. It can be removed by sliding a putty knife or screwdriver underneath and gently working it up.

You may want to take a peek behind the panel. If the larger orange wire has black and bubbly insulation - you could cut a chunk out and splice in a new piece to bypass the connector.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote