View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Saturn l200 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathan207 View Post
Is the 02 sensor in the catalytic converter or somewhere else I canít find it?
Welcome to SaturnFans, Johnathan207!

If you're looking for the "Upstream" O2 sensor then look carefully at the connection between the exhaust manifold and the flex pipe segment at the head of the exhaust system. If it's like the one shown in the picture from my car then it is somewhat obscured by the exhaust manifold heat shield. The view is from above and at the driver side.

To find the "Downstream" sensor you'd need to be underneath the car. It's past the converter, pointing outward toward the passenger side.

When removing either of these sensors it is best to tighten it slightly to break seal of the threads. It seems counter-intuitive, but it works. Then proceed to loosen it. You should use an O2 sensor socket for the upstream sensor. It's possible to get by with a wrench on the downstream sensor.

289,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Last edited by pierrot; 03-07-2018 at 06:42 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote