View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
hotrod205
hotrod205 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
Default Re: Rebuilding 254k DOHC Engine - Planning questions

I got the bolt loose. Tried the starter 3 times and all three times it shot my breaker bar out from under the car. Obviously I didn't have it braced well enough, so I decided to try the jack method since that actually worked when I did a timing belt on a Honda a few years ago. That got it with no fuss.

Exhaust manifold is off now also, entire front side of engine is clean and ready to come out. I have had the AIR flow code forever because the passages were clogged, but I procrastinated pulling the manifold to clean it out. It was so easy I wish I would have done it long ago. I haven't seen anyone post pictured of a clogged one, but I took some and am going to post them in a separate thread.

I still have a number of things to unhook on the back side and then the lower mounts. I already pulled the fuel rail and I'm about to pull the intake since it is the plastic one. I would hate to crack it if the engine moves too much lifting it out. I've already had it out once when the heater inlet cracked so I know the drill, and it is simple now that I have everything else off already. I highly recommend the metal heater inlet replacement part BTW, worked like a champ.

I should have the engine out this weekend, and will probably start a new thread with actual rebuild questions as I go forward.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hotrod205's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hotrod205 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hotrod205 is offline   Reply With Quote