View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #31
tnpilot
tnpilot is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSatrun
Now...what do I get in my Outlook the Pilot doesn't have....
18" wheels vs. the puny 16" on the Honda
I'll give you that one

Quote:
A real rear HVAC system
As opposed to a fake one? What are you talking about?

Quote:
OnStar
That's why I have a cell phone.. I never have understood why someone would pay $16/month for that worthless service. Don't lock your keys in your car, watch your gas gauge and keep your cell phone with you for any emergencies.

Quote:
Rear Seat Audio
True, but that's only valuable if you frequently have people in the backseat who have different musical tastes than the driver. It's certainly not a general advantage for the average person.

Quote:
Actual legroom for the third row, and some useful storage behind the 3rd row.
How often do you load up more than 5 people for a long trip? It could certainly be valuable to a few people with large families that travel a lot, but certainly not a general advantage for the average person.

The real advantage that you forgot to mention is one that goes to the Pilot.. it doesn't depreciate anywhere near as fast as the Outlook (or any other domestic vehicle) will. That is the biggest problem I have with this pricing. I've already seen one and thought "wow, the first Saturn that actually looks like a real vehicle", but I would never pay anything over $30k for it. In a year it would be worth half of what I bought it for

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tnpilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tnpilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote