View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 10:40 AM   #26
Njerald
Njerald is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballid

2. That brings me to my second item. Hang with me, There's a question at the end & I need help from a Saturn dealer or someone who knows how this "no haggle" thing works. I really do want to "buy American" this time (I know, I know, it's a global automotive marketplace & economy & GM imports from other countries , too, but despite my post above, I would still prefer to keep the buy from an American-based company). I have been going through option packages & seeing what I can live without to trim cost from the Outlook. As low as I can get is $34,654 (You can see what that includes above). Unfortunately, this is still too much to move the needle for me away from the (in my mind at least) known Honda quality. As I understand it, the Saturn retailer is not going to come off this price. The question, then, is how do trade-ins work? I.e. can I expect to get more than the standard KBB "trade in" value for the vehicle to compensate for the artificially high retail price? (I don't expect dealer retail, but I'd think that private party sale would be about right).
So buy an Acadia at close to invoice price and you will have more features at the same price as a comparable no-haggle Outlook.

Quality point for the Saturns is BS. The Outlooks are made on the same line as the Acadias.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Njerald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Njerald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Njerald is offline   Reply With Quote