View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
bitterman
bitterman has a spectacular aura aboutbitterman has a spectacular aura aboutbitterman has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Dreaded P0480 and P0481 code

Well, finally got what I believe is some closure on the fan issue. Over the weekend I noticed the temp guage was not moving very fast as the car warmed up. Vue gave a p0128 code so I checked out the thermostat and sure enough the thermostat was not closing correctly causing an issue.

New thermostat is in but had a scary incident after the install. Just to be sure and state all the facts, I also replaced the coolant temp sensor since I drained the coolant for the new thermostat.

Buttoned everything up and started the engine. Gave the car 10 min to warm up and the temp guage maybe moved a quarter of an inch and car had no heat. No leaks anywhere and coolant level was good so I decided to go for a quick drive around. Got out of my driveway and the temp guage moved to normal reading. As I began to drive the guage shot up to 3/4 sweep and i quickly stopped and limped it home. Temp guage never got to the red on the guage but higher than I have ever seen the guage go. Still no heat. After getting back to my garage and getting the engine cooled down, I checked things out and the top radiator hose appeared to not have any fluid in it and it was cold. The lower hose had fluid but was also cold. I squeezed the hoses several times and with the engine running I believe I got air out of the system. Car seems to be driving and operating as it should now since I got the air out of the system. Would a new thermostat failing to open cause my issues or was this just trapped air in the system causing the overheating issue?

Please let me know your thoughts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bitterman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bitterman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bitterman is offline   Reply With Quote