View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
NJastra
NJastra is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Considering an Astra for a commute car.

I'm planning to sell mine in the next couple of months (one owner). It's 2008, blue, 2 door XR fully loaded trim with the 18-inch 5-star rims. It's also a manual 5-speed and leather heated seats. I have an aftermarket touch screen stereo as well that has navigation and bluetooth (along with the original in a box). At the time of typing this, it has 126k miles. I've done regular and routine maintenance including the major service item in the owners manual at 75k which includes the timing belt(s) and changed the water pump like most do at that time since it's all taken apart anyway (nothing was wrong with it but I still replaced it). New shocks and struts about 30k ago or so. Synthetic oil changes since 33k miles. All maintenance completed by the dealership (except for flex pipe) so everything is on file. I also have brand new AC Delco (not installed) ignition coil pack that will come with the car if ever needed some time down the road. No concerns at this time, I saw them for a good price and it was a no brainer considering what they typically go for.

It's well cared for and drives like it always has since the beginning. Really a great and under-appreciated car by the general public likely due to not knowing about one of GM's little (almost secret) gems. I've really enjoyed owning this car, very solid.

-Jon-

3 dr XR, Twilight Blue, 5 speed manual, 18" 5-star rims, Leather trim package, Heated seats, VXMMI (Advanced Audio)

2017 Regal GS, 20", fully loaded

1987 Z28 - modded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJastra is offline   Reply With Quote