View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Corroded Pipe for Thermostat and Housing?

If I'm not mistaken, L300 3.0L V6 engines are the same as Vue 3.0L V6 engines so the thermostat, housing, and extension outlet pipe running to the front of the engine should be in the same place. If my presumptions are correct then there's one bolt holding the extension pipe from engine vibration, the oil dipstick clamp? See if you can talk to your mechanic to free the extension pipe. The pipe simply slips over the t-stat housing outlet and seals with two simple O-rings. Once the oil dipstick clamp bolt is removed the extension pipe is free to remove. Corrosion won't weld the pipe to the t-stat housing if I'm not mistaken. Your mechanic may not see this clearly.

I replaced my t-stat several years ago.................

VCX NANO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote