View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Dizzy 2000 LS2 speaker/radio installation

Okay, this is for a friend of mine.. she's asked me to replace the speakers and radio deck in her LS2. problem is, best I've been able to come up with here are the specs for the speakers:

* 6.5" up front
* 5.25" in the rear
* 3/4"-1" spacer to go in between the door panel and speaker for the front speakers (from my understanding it's mostly for the window glass IIRC)

...correct? ALSO: there's only two fronts and two rears, right?

Now, the questions I have are these:

1. how does one R&R the front inside door panel or the speaker grille if it's that simple (and if there's pictures and/or a video it'll help greatly )?
2. how does one gain access to the rear speakers; is it like the S-series where it's in a package tray? if so, how does one R&R that?
3. what be the wiring codes for the speakers? is it the same as the S-series, or is there something complicated?
and 4. ultimately, how does one gain access to the radio deck? is it like gen-2 S-series where I have to pop off the center console and I'm in, or do I have to dig through the dash/steering column like in gen-3 S-series, or...?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links