View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
cris_thomas
Advanced Member
cris_thomas is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1995 SC2
Default Gabriel Front Upper Strut Mounts - Crap

Back in May I replaced my struts and upper strut mounts. At 160K miles on the originals I figured it was time. The upper struts mounts from Saturn were like $90 from the dealer so I thought I would save a few bucks and get an aftermarket brand from the local autoparts store. I ended up with four Gabriel 142244 upper strut mounts.
Six months and only 12,000 miles later and two of the mounts have failed. A front one came apart in my hand! when I was swapping out the struts again. One of the rear ones is loose. I can hear it making noise, and will need to be replaced. These cheap mounts only came with a three month warranty, which should have tipped me off. Total crap.
Anyway, just wanted to warn anyone else trying to save a few bucks to avoid Gabriel strut mounts. I will be going with KYB mounts from The Tirerack, which are actually pretty cheap in price $38, but come with a lifetime warranty.

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England
http://www.spocne.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cris_thomas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cris_thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links