View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
04SilverVue
Advanced Member
04SilverVue is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default 1997 SL2 - Free...

Manage to get a 1997 Saturn SL2 1.9L DOHC 5-Speed (Tan-ish/ Gold Color) for FREE from a family member. They car has been in my family since day 1. My father used it for 8 years and gave it to my youngest brother. Then after my youngest brother got a decent job he bought a new car and gave the SL2 to my younger middle brother and now he got a new car so it comes to me as the wife and I need a second car. We have a 04 Vue and were looking into getting a second car but now we can wait for awhile.

The car is a completely manual SL2. No power anything (ie windows, lock). It only has 100,225 miles on it. The clutch was replaced about a year ago. When I got it last week the radiator had a big leak and the reverse lights did not work. I immediately changed the oil/filter, air filter, windshield wipers, and filled all the fluids. I found a bad tranny reverse sensor which was easy to replace and then sent it to a local shop to have the radiator replaced ($310). Now all seems be be running good.

After reading around on here I wanted to replace the ECTS and clean the EGR valve. Does anyone recommend anything else? Brakes seem good and AC blows OK but not as cool as I would like but livable.

04SilverVue
DFW, Texas

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04SilverVue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links