View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #15
AJR
Advanced Member
AJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the roughAJR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: whine/groan from new AC Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasl22002 View Post
No you are not screwed. You know and he knows that the noise it is making is unacceptable. A good garage should always stand behind their work and the parts they use. it sounds like this garage is fobbing you off to avoid having to do the work again. You need to go back and tell them in plain terms the compressor is not fit for purpose and you want it replacing. Period. Don't stand for this fobbing off. Go back and demand they replace it.
Good luck
Well, I've already gone back twice and told him it's wrong and that I've never heard a compressor make a noise like this. All he'll do is check the system and say there's nothing wrong. He refuses to do more.

When I say I'm screwed, I mean because I can't fight this fight right now. I'm involved with some serious family issues (getting my 91 year old dad and 94 year old aunt moved out of their two flat is part of it) and I don't have another day to spend on this.

Looks like the garage wins and I lose...again. FU GM...for dumping Saturn.

Andy
AJR is offline   Reply With Quote