View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 10:49 PM   #6
joshjani
joshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura aboutjoshjani has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2006 3.5 AWD VUE CEL Error codes: 0036 and 0141

Thanks...I don't know how I missed those images at RockAuto, since that's where I got the part! Anyway- it helped me out a lot, and I was able to get the sensor changed.

I bought an NTK sensor, and the sensor wrench that has the slot for the wires. I had a pretty hard time tracing the lead to its connector- I had to crawl all the way on top of the engine, so I was effectively kneeling on top of it, so I could reach down and follow the orange wire. I sprayed some PB blaster on the old sensor, had a bit of a time getting the wrench on, but then with one decent turn of the wrench it loosened right up and I turned it out by hand.

New sensor went in really easily, but again I had a had a hard time routing the cable back to its connector. Trying to get two hands in the space to connect the wire was tough, so I pretty much just did it by feel with one hand.

One moment of despair when the engine light was still on, reporting the same codes on my reader, but once I reset and erased the codes, all seems well.

So once again, thanks for the help- saved me probably a couple hundred bucks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshjani's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshjani reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joshjani is offline   Reply With Quote