View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #41
joshjames023
joshjames023 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
Default Re: Car stalls while idling once it's warm, help!

Ok I got the new radiator, but on the old one the lower transmission line is really rusted and the top one is in pretty bad shape too, can't get either of them to budge and I nearly destroyed the top one trying to turn it. Can I just pop the upper and lower hoses at the tranny end and remove them still attached to the radiator, then just buy new ones? I found these on the forums: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Then I could just throw those on with the new radiator and refill the trans fluid? They need replaced anyway...just wondering before I pop them out if that's all there is to it, a little pinch clip at the tranny side to remove that entire hose. Any other things to account for? I'd change the fluid while I'm at it, but it's still red and doesn't smell burnt so for now it'd be great just to have my car in one (working) piece.

Last edited by joshjames023; 06-01-2010 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Link Broken

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshjames023's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshjames023 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joshjames023 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links