View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 12:00 AM   #6
s-seriesguy
s-seriesguy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Undecided: Borla or Magnaflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRic 02sc2
I had a Borla cat-back (the one that they used to make that cost $499) on my 92 SC and it sounded nice. not too loud.
I would love to have the Borla catback on my car. Too bad they discontinued it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR
as far as low end torque, i'm not sure if the straight thru design alone will kill it or not, i would think not. if you combine that with a 3" mandrel bent exhaust, you will notice a difference. if you didn't experience any torque loss with your last muffler, you probably won't with the next one...
Well my Dynomax turbo muffler isn't a straght through muffler, it's chambered. I found out the Borla is also straight through also. I'm still running the stock piping, so that should help out on retaining some low end.

Right now I'm leaning more towards Borla. I'd like to hear some sound clips if anyone has them. Or if you could give me a description of the sound on both mufflers that would be great. I'm not looking to the fart can muffler sound at all, since it's going to appear stock when it's put on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s-seriesguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s-seriesguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!