View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #28
Maritime Storm
Advanced Member
Maritime Storm has a spectacular aura aboutMaritime Storm has a spectacular aura about

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn Prepares for Life Beyond General Motors

Am I the only one that thinks that Saturn should try wiping the slate clean and try to make a comeback as a company that designs and builds a decent car? After all isn't that what Saturn was originally intended to do? Produce a good small car that was designed to compete with the Japanese. Saturn has good plant, workers with 18 years experience building good cars. My thought is this, tell me I wrong; Redesign the Sprighill plant to build a new subcompact & midsize car, dust off and update the EV1(god knows their is a market for it), get out of and stay out of the minivan and SUV market(we had no business being there in the first place and we didn't do a great job while we were there), bring back the original UAW contract, and get rid of the current marketing team(no offense, Jill never understood why the original S-series sold in the first place and she thinks that polymer panels weren't a selling point). Springhill was set-up to produce the ECOTEC which still has some life left in it, why not use it to an advantage. The ION & S-series were good solid designs, and ground breaking at time they were introduced but were allowed to get dated because of lack of R&D when it was needed to improve on them. The L-series never caught on, the VUE had the VTI dumped in it before GM worked the bugs out it. My thought is that Saturn lost out when GM decided that it should be marketing European models, it's not the Europeans that are out selling the Big Three it's Japan & Korea. I think what Saturn needs to find out what got them this far and get back on track.

Save the Earth, Ban Slushboxes!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Maritime Storm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Maritime Storm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Maritime Storm is offline   Reply With Quote