View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 03:00 AM   #2
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to beholdruley73 is a splendid one to behold

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Default Re: Missing Sway Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightMan View Post
So when I bought this car a few months ago the front sway bar link was broken which I replaced and I was checking out my exhaust and noticed the rear sway bar is not there. I am fairly certain I have the level 2 given the sunroof, CD Changer, and other items but the gauges are not white like the 3. Given what I have seen on here it should have a rear sway bar right? I am planning on getting either the ST or maybe a ZZP bar any thoughts on just doing the rear?
Thanks!
A rear sway bar was not factory-installed on any of the Delta platform cars (Ion, Cobalt, G5) including the high performance Ion Red Line/Cobalt SS models. These cars have a torsion beam rear suspension so the rear end is already fairly solid. I wouldn't think that adding a rear sway bar would help much, but the folks on the Cobalt forums highly recommend installing one for better handling.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 178K miles
2007 Chevy Equinox LT 187K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote