View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Some interesting conversion websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyfloyd View Post

Most of the stuff from over there you have to be careful with because they have completely different engine choices, different electronics, and different body panels. If you look, you can't directly swap the fenders on them without some metal work.

That being said, there is a chance that the brakes and suspension work, since they are all on the epsilon 2 platform, but you would have an easier time getting parts from a Saab 9-3 than shipping them over.

if you do get a set of VXR brakes sent over and find they work really well, then you might be able to work out getting a large number of the parts sent over here, which would be helpful to all of us.
While the Aura, Vectra, and 9-3 are all on Epsilon I, each vehicles platform couldn't be more different. Unlike Epsilon II, Epsilon I is not a unified platform. There is American Epsilon I, Opel Epsilon I, and Saab Epsilon I. No version can be assembled in each other plants. No Malibu's will be rolling down the line in Sweden. No 9-3's will be rolling down Fairfax.

The Aura and Vectra have nothing in common besides a common front end design. They share nothing else and nothing is interchangeable.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote