Thread: 100k miles
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 11:41 PM   #18
liquiddog976
liquiddog976 is on a distinguished road

Craig,

The miles were accumulated from driving on I35 in between Dallas and Austin as well as to Sam Houston National Forest and a few areas north of Houston from Dallas. My car has never left Texas. Most of them were the Dallas<->Austin drive. I put so many miles on the car doing that drive I finally just moved here to Austin. I currently do about 1.5k miles/month, but in Texas how could you not? That's just going back and forth to work and seeing friends in and around town.

Amazingly I only crashed one time in that period. She (her) was going thru a parking lot in a black car in the dark (tornado season) without her lights on, going really fast. I nudged her large metal car in the side at about 5 MPH. I had engaged the clutch but had not yet commited to going forward. A few months later my headlight started accumulating moisture. I got a new assembly and put it on myself in five minutes. You should have seen her car... Creased metal across two body panels.

I did mention to her she might look into getting a plastic car since they just bounce when they hit things. HAHA

Last edited by liquiddog976; 03-18-2004 at 11:52 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to liquiddog976's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help liquiddog976 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!