View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #10
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Manual to power steering swap? JY SC2 suspension? Straightforward?

It's a 2 wire sensor, bat & ground. Give it a 5a or under feed and manually switch the ground. Should be easy to cut off the pigtail when you're taking the pump. I don't know what it actually requires for power but I'd expect even 5a to be overkill.

The SOHC harness doesn't have the plug and even if it did...the SOHC PCM would have no control over it.

The main mounting bracket needs to stay with the pump and I believe 1 bracket between the pump and intake manifold is required (or use a "custom" nut & bolt instead). IIRC there's 2-3 extra brackets on the DOHC version that the SOHC doesn't have...which is weird because the SOHC version has full assist 100% of the time...

Most interchange's won't reference the speed part of it, they'll just say "with EVO" or "without EVO" or some-such.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote