View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Iceman15154
Iceman15154 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Default 2000 SL1 SES with codes HELP

Hello everyone. I stumbled across this site while looking up some information about the three codes that came up this week. Gotta say I love the expertise that I have found in just a short time while searching this site so I decided to post a new thread. Here goes.

Recently performed general maintainence on my 2000 SL1 because it was due and seemed to be idling heavy. Oil change w/filter, new spark plugs w/wire harnesses, new air filter and coolant/radiator purged and refilled. Now for the problems.

1. Engine still seems to vibrate too much during idle. For such a small engine it shouldn't vibrate the car like it does.
2. Occasionally switches to a high idle (3.5k) after car is put into park from drive.
3. Recently coded P0442-EVAP Emission Control Leak (Small), P0404-EGR FLow CKT Range/Perf, & P0442-EVAP Emission Control Leak (Small).

Obviously the first and third code are the same but I'm wondering about a couple things. First, could these codes be linked to a single problem and second, would these problems cause the high/rough idle that I'm experiencing. Also, I will be doing the work myself so any ideas on what I need to do would help. Thanks for any help everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Iceman15154's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Iceman15154 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Iceman15154 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links