View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Outlook vs Acadia

These vehilces are "Badge Engineered." That is very different from re-badges. GM is a car company made of several divisions "A car for every purse and purpose." They cover the spectrum from econo boxes, rough and tumble trucks, to high end luxury, using different nameplates. The Outlook and Acadia are mechanically identical, you're right. The difference is the styling inside and out. The Buck Enclave is also mechanically identical, but the styling is even further removed from GMC and Saturn to be more with the niche that Buick fills when compared to the rest of GM. I don't know what the difference in price is, but I know the Buick will be at the top of the heap, and I think Saturn will be just below GMC in the GM hiearchy, but I'm not sure. They seem almost even keel with Saturn's new spot in the lineup, one doing cars, and the other trucks. The thing to decide when choosing between the Outlook, and Acadia will be purely cosmetic and ergonomic? Which vehicle looks more appealing to you. Which interior layout do you prefer? Depending on the price difference price may or may not be a factor. For me, I like the exterior of the Acadia compared to the Outlook. I haven't sat in either, but from pictures, I think the Acadia might be a better suited interior for me as well. So if the Saturn buying experience isn't enought to get me into an Outlook, I'd be buying an Acadia if I were in the market for a new crossover SUV. As it happens, the local deal I deal with own both a Pontiac/Buick/GMC and a Saturn/SAAB/HUMMER store on the same pad, so I'd be buying from the same people and all that. In that case, it's the Acadia for me, unless they can work out some financing that can put me in an Enclave. That one is still my fave of the bunch.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote