View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 L200 - No speedometer, Fans Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russet View Post
This is a solenoid issue called slam shift 1-2 if this is what happens and replacement of solenoid is in order here. The VSS AFAIK doesn't have anything to do with slam shift.
I can understand this response, however, it also demonstrates why one should be careful about making certain statements without the benefit of some background knowledge. In this case, the DTC P0502 can result in hard shifts. The only way to know this is to have access to a FSM, and I couldn't have known otherwise. Could it be necessary to replace a shift solenoid? Maybe, but that's a hasty recommendation at this time. It can only be considered after the primary issue has been resolved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russet View Post
This would indicate a defective Fan Module that is shorted out and will run the fan regardless of what the temp sensor says and will eventually burn out the fan if you don't fix this ASAP. I know from experience.....
Experience is a useful teacher to us all. How do you know that it's his problem?

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote