Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 L200 - No speedometer, Fans Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfhjr View Post
Hello all,
Trying to help a friend with her 01 L200. Problems started with a vibration in the front end at 45 - 50 mph, then I lost the speedometer, and now the cooling fans run all the time on high.
Does this happen with or without pressing on the brakes? Would you describe what kinda vibration is it felt through vibrations.

Quote:
I replaced the speed sensor on the trans twice and still no speedometer but have a P0502 code with no CEL. When the speedometer went out the trans started shifting hard (when first starting trans will not shift until 3500 rpm).
This is a solenoid issue called slam shift 1-2 if this is what happens and replacement of solenoid is in order here. The VSS AFAIK doesn't have anything to do with slam shift.

Quote:
I noticed one time when I had the front end jacked up to check the speedometer that the ABS pump was making a noise and for some reason it seemed to be causing the vibration in the front end.
How did you see it was making noise when you lifted it up?

Quote:
I removed the fuses to the ABS and the vibration went away. Checked the wiring and connector to the speed sensor, could not find any breaks or problems.
This would require someone with more experience to know what is really going on here.

Quote:
I have noticed that the cooling fans do not start running until after the trans shift for the first time then they stay running until I shut the car off. I have replace the BCM, TPS and VSS. Nor sure if her ECM is possessed by demons??
This would indicate a defective Fan Module that is shorted out and will run the fan regardless of what the temp sensor says and will eventually burn out the fan if you don't fix this ASAP. I know from experience.....

Quote:
Any help, advice, or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Only if there is maintenance history so those reading know where to point to look for other problems related.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote