View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 L200 - No speedometer, Fans Running

Your report of cooling fans engaging after experiencing hard shifts is not new. Other members have reported this occurrence in parallel with your experience although the hard shifts had a different root for that problem. I have come to the conclusion that the cooling fans running at high speed is a fail safe default when the PCM is lacking important sensor data to tell it that all systems are functioning normally (this is a personal opinion only). Failing to recognize normal operation and sensing additional performance errors the PCM sends a command to the FCM to turn on the cooling fans when they would not otherwise be needed.

With that in mind, I believe that the speedometer/speed sensor problem and the vibration problem appear to be separate issues. Of pressing concern would seem to be the lack of a working speedometer.

Questions:
1) Since you replaced the sensor twice with no success, did you use the same brand of product both times or were they different each time?
2) Do you have access to an online manual source like AllDataDIY or Mitchell Manuals online? I have a 2000 L-Series FSM and could send you information from it. Send me a p/m with an email address.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote