View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
GESPINOLA
GESPINOLA is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Interior water leaks

I just left my 2008 Outlook XR at the dealer. According to them the problem are the tubes that drain the water from the sunroof. These tubes run inside the front and rear columns (on the sides the windshield in the front and the side columns on the back of the car). These tubes are not long enough to drive the water until the bottom of the car so the water will leak into the inner fuse block, will damp the carpets on the passenger and driver sides and make much more damage than you can believe. As the insulator between the carpet and the floor is like a sponge, it will absorb the water and soaks all the connectors that run below the insulator (cables that run from the battery, to the seats motors and heater, etc, etc). Not to mention that it may damage the airbag triggers mechanisms located on the columns besides the windshield….Great!!!!. For now I have to replace the fuse block, the front tubes and clean the rear tubes….about $900.00…My plan is to never by a GM car ever….and I’ll make sure my family and friends never by a GM automobile. I paid $35K for this car and in the end GM knows these have lots of problems and are not fixing it….

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GESPINOLA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GESPINOLA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GESPINOLA is offline   Reply With Quote