Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
crystal scan
Advanced Member
crystal scan is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Saturn Astra XR 3-Door: A Saturn Worth Looking At

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Look at the Top 10 best selling cars for the past ten years or so and you'll see exactly what Americans prefer.

June 2009 this is what Americans bought.

1. Ford F-series 35,915
2. Toyota Camry/Solara 26,394
3. Chevrolet Silverado 24,766
4. Honda Accord 23,955
5. Honda Civic 20,954
6. Toyota Corolla/Matrix 19,935
7. Ford Fusion 18,561
8. Nissan Altima 16,350
9. Ford Escape 15,385
10 Chevrolet Impala 14,931

people buy there hondas because you put gas in them and they go
I really don't desire any of them... The passage of time hasn't influenced my choice of cars. I've always owned somewhat unique automobiles.

Being a hatchback model did hurt sales, and Saturn knew this before hand, but decided on them anyway. Look at the Mazda 3's sales the non-hatchback models dominate 70% of it's sales. In Europe 70% of the Mazda 3's sales are for the hatchback model. The buyers in this car class already have prejudices on what they want. They want Civics and Corollas...

The unfortunate fact is the American automobile manufacturers drove their customers away to the Japanese manufacturers. The current economic problems will continue to drive customers away because they want to make certain that their car companies will be around in the future.
people buy there hondas because the low maninence Gms are high maintence vehices with oil changes and trans fluid changes , people just want to drive and maybe a oild change here and there and thats it, the amrican people are dumb robots they are told what to buy so they buy like good little robot

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to crystal scan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help crystal scan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
crystal scan is offline   Reply With Quote