Thread: Royal Purple
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #17
lemarjones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Royal Purple

My 2004 Vue has 102K and I've used Amsoil exclusively since I bought it at 42k. I've always used their EOa filter. Every bit of serious research I've found states that Amsoil is at least in the top 5 if not #1 in passenger vehicle lubrication when compared to everything else on the market.

Also, understand that there is NO STANDARD for calling an oil synthetic, synthetic blend, full synthetic, or <blank> synthetic. It's a marketing term!!! No different than saying chocolaty, chocolate taste, chocolate flavored, or chocolate like. It AIN'T CHOCOLATE! If you add one drop of any man-made additive to ANY oil, you can market it as synthetic or full synthetic, or synthetic blend.

Amsoil is actually uses turbine engine oil as its base. So if it's able to stand up to the heat, friction and shear force of an aircraft engine, your pidly passenger car engine is a walk through the a strole...well no...a rest on a park bench.

Do an internet search on the "Oil Bible" and on 'best synthetic oil' and find loads of info on all types of synthetics and how they actually rank. Amsoil or Royal P may or may not be what you need or want, but at least you'll have all the info you need to make an informed decision.

No, I'm not an Amsoil spokesperson or salesman. I just know what has worked for me for the last 20 years.

Add to lemarjones's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lemarjones reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lemarjones is offline   Reply With Quote