Thread: Royal Purple
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
newbievueowner
newbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the roughnewbievueowner is a jewel in the rough

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Royal Purple

I ran Amsoil ATF for almost 30,000 km's and here were my observations:

1) the oil was still nice and red and didn't smell burnt.
2) it seemed to act a little funny when lugging the motor/trans at certain speeds/RPM's. Seemed to drag the RPM down even more and take more throttle to get it to downshift.
3) the pulsing/surging while lugging in 5th gear started happening near the end. It never did it in the beginning when I first installed it but started doing it more frequently in the end. It may not have anything to do with the fluid, it could be a TC issue.

I have since changed the fluid out to Honda Z1 ATF. So far so good, but it could just be because it's new oil. The amsoil never did it when it was new either so I will have to wait and see. The Z1 seems to downshift easier when going up a hill or lugging the engine and doesn't need as much throttle to get it to kick into a lower gear.

Just my observations in 30,000 kms of driving.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to newbievueowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help newbievueowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
newbievueowner is offline   Reply With Quote