View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Location of Upstream O2 Sensor 2007 VUE

Take a look at the parts breakdown page and look for items 35 and 36. I'm not sure why you have two 02 sensors which are pre-catalytic converter, but it's apparently so. Hopefully, you will find this useful. Look for the sensor to be in the lower end of the exhaust manifold, and above where it connects with the catalytic converter.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...rimLevel=25358

The upstream (pre-catalytic coverter) O2 sensor for the L-Series cars with the same engine is relatively easy to access. Be sure to use an O2 sensor socket to protect the wires unless you think that using a boxed end wrench is adequate. It would be best to attempt removal while the engine is cold and be sure to give the sensor a small twist to tighten it, then go the other way and remove it. This will make loosening the sensor easier although it is seemingly counter-intuitive.

295,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote