Thread: Odd problem.
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Odd problem.

Does "everything is fine" mean that the brake lights are functioning normally along with being able to shift out of park? If so then what you've posited is a reasonable possibility. I had the stop light switch fail on me some months ago and that resulted in the Brake/Transmission Shift-Interlock solenoid not releasing and locking the gear selector in park. (Prior to replacing the switch I looked through and examined the fuse as well.) Food for thought...perhaps a future concern.

FWIW, I had to get the stop light switch from AutoZone. Since it was a non-stocking part it was ordered from their warehouse, but it came the next morning. That was very helpful. While not my preferred place to go for parts, what was sold to me works and was much less expensive than O'Reilly's.

I'm glad that you got the car going again without any additional expense involved!
343K miles - Holy canolli!
Biden/Harris predictions, '21 -'25: weak economy; weakened military; increased terrorism; a greater RED CHINA. I fear that I will be correct. I'd rather be wrong.
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote