View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: LW200 Timing Chain Tensioner and Upgrade???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionizen View Post
......Looks as if there was an update to the tensioner in 2010. Planing to put that in for $35. Any perils or pitfalls to be aware of?
I've not replaced my timing chain tensioner, but the manuals share warnings regarding its installation. If you'd like to see that information, please send a p/m with an email address and I will send it to you.
Quote:
Also my 02 was produced on 09/01 how can I find out if it has the “upgraded” timing components that went in during 02-03?
You may not be able to know this. Go to GM.com and contact customer service to determine whether or not any update of the timing system was performed according to their records.

Quote:
Would you recommend anything else be done while I have the valve cover?
No. You may want to take a look at the spark plug boots and coiled wire contacts between the spark plugs and the coil packs. If you see any cracks replace the worn item, or items.

280,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote