Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM   #10
QCs_R4_Girls
QCs_R4_Girls is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe
1998 SL2
Default Re: Ion Dash lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottmwz_finest View Post
I'm gonna say no on the weather thing. Probably just started to twist loose. Do you drive over large potholes often? LOL. Hope it stays on for you anyways, but it probably won't so save that website I linked for you...
He's right. Your bulb is just knocked loose due to poorly paved roads. Same thing happened to mine, right behind the temp gauge. Honestly, with all the prying away at the radio trim, removing the bolts, and flipping the center gauge over to wiggle around a bulb, buy a brand new set, even if it is OEM color, b/c Bc3tech's right, it will shorten the life of all the bulbs.

If you're just going to try to fix it yourself, good luck. But be careful if you start to twist the bulb around b/c the little metal tabs might break off. (and cause you to order extras in a completely different order... ) That being said, buying a new set from the website isn't a huge investment. You only need 4 bulbs to replace the entire cluster, and they cost around $10 total, not including shipping. It's also easier on the eyes rather than the bright white of a stock dash.

Just something for you to think about:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue dash2.JPG (35.9 KB, 88 views)

"Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph."

3 - 2006 Ion Quad Coupe 2.2L, Manual, Black
2 - 2002 SC2, Manual, Silver
1 - 1998 SL2, Manual, Blue

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QCs_R4_Girls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QCs_R4_Girls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QCs_R4_Girls is offline   Reply With Quote