View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Wrench Re: Things to check out at 120k....

I would check the following too: Air Filter, Spark Plugs, Coil Packs and Wiring, Fuel Filter, Oil Pump, Fuses for everything electrical, exhaust, bushings, cv joints, PCV Valve, automatic tranny fluid (or if it's a manual how is the clutch), door locks, wiper blades and wiper motor, windows....

These are the items coming to mind....

When I had my 90,000 mile checkup done at the dealer some many moons ago (I'm at 275,000 miles now!!), they checked everything above and what was mentioned in the previous post about the brakes.

I would also check the battery and alternator, as well as the serpentine belts and all drive belt accessories to make sure that you are still getting a good charge from everything. Check your radiator and radiator hoses.

The valve cover gasket is something that you can replace yourself in about an 1 hour tops. The two top bolts are 10MM star bolts that come out pretty easy, disconnect the map sensor, PCV Valve and intake valve, clean the old gasket off with a putty knife or flathead screwdriver, clean inside of valve cover, put new gasket on and replace the valve cover gasket. Be sure to check your timing chain guides and the chain itself. If you have been good on oil changes and your previous owner was good on oil changes you shouldn't have any problems, look for worn teeth or a loose guide for the timing chain.

Hopefully this will all help and I am sure there are some other things that I missed, but good luck with the upkeep.

Hope this helps....
Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08