View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Upstate Saturn
Upstate Saturn is just really niceUpstate Saturn is just really niceUpstate Saturn is just really niceUpstate Saturn is just really niceUpstate Saturn is just really nice

2001 SL2
Default Replacing all four motor mounts over a few months - does it matter what order?

I will be replacing all four motor mounts on my '01 SL2 over the next few months. I plan to do them one at a time as I get free time. Does it matter what order I do them in?

The top mount is shot, and although it's been replaced a few times over the life of the car, I'm pretty sure the others never have been. Now that the old girl is having her 210k makeover it seems like a good idea to replace all the mounts.

Also, do you think it's reasonable to do this with a bottle jack as opposed to a floor jack? I know all the videos use a floor jack, but at this point all I have is a bottle jack and jack stands. I think the upper mount would be pretty straightforward, but I'm not sure if the lower transmission mount is doable without a floor jack. Richpin looks like he's using all his considerable skill to get everything to line up and the bolts started.

2001 SL2 manual - original owner - remanufactured engine at 228k miles, December 2015
1992 SL1 manual - bought used in '93, totaled in '00 at 170k miles, drove it cross-country a lot!
Upstate Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links