View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: ABS making grinding noises

Oh, ok, now we got some information!? Youse (my best Brooklyn accent)definitely gots a broken ABS!? Most likely one or two wheel sensor(s) and/or the cabling somehow was torn breaking the electrical connection. Possibly one wire is chafing causing the intermittent ABS failure. Looks like somebody's gonna have to do some hunting around the wheels looking for breaks in the wiring, torn sensors, etc.. Sorry to hear about the broke ABS, I like mine when it reminds me of traveling a wee bit too quickly. Better some sensor broken or wire than the ABS unit itself. When you do find out where the problem presented itself and the repairs necessary would you mind posting the results?
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote