View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
bachands
Advanced Member
bachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to beholdbachands is a splendid one to behold

2002 SL2
Default Help with Exhaust Manifold to Down Pipe Studs and Nuts

I am working on the exhaust for my '97 SL2. When I removed the downpipe I noticed there is a missing stud (replaced with a standard bolt) and the nuts are not original. The nuts don't have the rounded bottoms, so there were washers underneath them. I don't like the separate washers. It's easier to install a proper nut without having to hold the washer in place during installation.

So what are my options at this point? Are the exhaust manifold studs (at the cylinder head) the same? Could I just go to the salvage yard and get a stud and three nuts at the exhaust manifold?

i found the P/Ns for the studs and nuts from another thread. But for one stud and a bag of nuts, the total comes out to more than $20 after shipping. That seems like too much for such a trivial thing.

What's a good option if I just went to the hardware store? Menards has some automotive grade hardware. Would they have what I need for this?

'97 SL1, 136K, Auto, Mint Green (SOLD 146K)
'99 SL2, 126K, Auto, Silver (SOLD 149K)
'97 SL1, 136K, Manual, Burgundy (Gifted to Brother 138K)
'02 SL2, 149K, Auto, Light Gray/Silver

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bachands's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bachands reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bachands is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links