View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #54
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: outlook prices announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue
More GM bureaucracy.....isn't that convenent! The car is built the U.S. and is sold in both Canada and the US yet they can't have the same warranty? I can assure you it has everything to do with cross-border shopping and fleecing Canadian buyers. All I can say is if the Canadian Outlook is pricing above the 12% present currency exchange, count me out. So long as buyers tolerate it, GM will tack on the present 30% exchange differential. I'll look elsewhere thanks.
From what I've heard the pricing of Canadian market vehicles has been higher than the exchanged+tax cost of the US version of the same vehicle, and this is something that all manufacturers do, not just GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTS
Well, I was really not a fan of the minivan either but I could not argue with the logic. Simply put I spent less, got better gas mileage and better cargo. If I have to live with the minivan stigma so be it. I think the T&C is fantastic and I love driving it (something I wasn't sure I would like initially).

I think the issue you are going to find is that as the majority of people begin to demand power equipment options you will have less options available to you. Sooner or later it will cost you more just to get no power options because the market demands power.

I'm not sure what you mean by better doors, that's a confusing statement.. can you clarify?

In reality I think calling my T&C Touring a minivan is really a misnomer. As was stated eariler, it holds a 4x8 sheet of plywood. It's a van, pure and simple. Anything model of car that has a LWB and SWB option should also mean that if you have the LWB, as I do, it can't be called MINI. So I have a van, not a minivan. I suppose I should be happier with Minivan then the potential "maxivan" term.
Like I said, the original Chrysler vans were about the size of an S-Series...the later extended wheelbase models that are overshadowing smaller models were a few inches longer than a typical midsize car.
I think by doors he may mean he doesn't like sliding doors.
The gas mileage between the T&C and the Outlook probably won't be all that different. The Outlook is heavier but has more power and two more gears. EPA estimates show them being pretty similar.
What options did you get on the T&C?

"It's a car. We've invented the Pontiac Aztek."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote